We will open the new guest house on JAN 22nd in KOYASAN.
The present structure was rebuilt in 1937.The 48.5-meter-high tower painted in vermillion lacquer enshrines a statue of Taizokai Dainichi Nyorai and four statues of Kongokai Buddha.Together with colorful images of other deities painted on the 16 pillars and walls, these statues of Buddha comprise a mandala.
As the main hall of the temple complex, the Kondo is used for important Buddhist ceremonies. Although the hall was originally built by Kukai in 819, it has been repeatedly destroyed. The present hall was rebuilt for the seventh time in 1932. The hall enshrines a statue of Yakushi Nyorai as a main deity.